Immunity Defense™ with EpiCor®
Maintaining a robust immune system can be a challenge in today's world.
With hectic schedules, eating on the go, unavoidable exposure to toxins, and the relentless stresses of everyday life, it's no wonder so many of us constantly feel run down and vulnerable. And the older you get, the more critical keeping your immune system strong and healthy becomes.
The good news is, your immune system is wonderfully effective when it's working the way it was designed to, but it often needs a little boost to keep it functioning optimally. The following tips and recommendations will give that boost—and the edge your immune system needs to keep going strong.
5 Basic Strategies for Boosting Your Immune System
- Optimize your vitamin D levels. If your level of vitamin D decreases rapidly, which often happens with less direct sun exposure during the colder winter months, your immune function can be impaired. Most people need to take between 1,000 and 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 daily to achieve optimal levels.*
- Add medicinal mushrooms to your diet. A few species, including shiitake, Cordyceps, reishi and maitake, have been extensively researched and are renowned for possessing some of the most powerful immune-supporting compounds in nature.*
- Limit sugar consumption. Sugar decreases your immune system's ability to function almost immediately by inhibiting the activity of important immune cells. The results of one study showed that the amount of sugar found in two sweetened beverages lowers immune response by 50% for up to five hours!
- Aim to get at least 6-8 hours of rejuvenating sleep each night. During the day, the stress hormone cortisol circulates at high levels in the body, suppressing your immune function. At night, cortisol levels drop, triggering cellular repair processes that are critical to optimal immune function.
- Get regular, moderate exercise. Exercise increases circulation, which promotes the elimination of toxins and helps to move immune cells throughout your bloodstream more quickly. It can also help reduce stress, which is important in optimizing your immune system's ability to fight off infection.
There are also many other herbs and supplements you can use to boost your immune system. You've probably heard of or tried some of the more popular ones like vitamin C, echinacea, zinc, goldenseal and olive leaf.*
But there's one immune support supplement you probably haven't heard of that truly stands out among all the others. It's so effective, in fact, that even if you neglect to do every one of the things listed above, taking this one supplement daily could still radically improve your chances of staying well.*
The #1 Way to Boost Your Immune System—in Just 2 Hours
The single most effective immune-booster encountered in their decades in the industry is a unique yeast culture called EpiCor®.*
The story behind EpiCor®'s discovery as an immune booster is certainly unusual.*
In the late 1800s, a farmer by the name of C.W. Bloomhall noticed that when his animals were fed table scraps fermented with sour milk, they stayed healthier than animals fed grains alone.*
In 1943, Bloomhall developed a specialized fermentation process to create a yeast culture for improving livestock health and productivity. He founded a company called Diamond V that is still a large manufacturer of unique, natural, microbial fermentation products.*
In 1998, managers at Diamond V noticed that factory workers who had direct contact with the yeast culture ingredient had unusually low sick leave rates.*
Amazingly, it turned out that inhaling dust from the yeast was having a beneficial effect on the factory workers' immune systems! Scientists at the company conducted a pilot study comparing the factory workers to a similar group of office workers who did not have regular contact with the yeast culture, and the results were astonishing.*
The factory workers had increased activity of NK cells (the "natural killer" white blood cells that seek and destroy pathogens), higher levels of the important mucosal antibody secretory IgA (sIgA) and lower levels of pro-inflammatory immune complexes when compared to office workers. After a few more years of clinical research, EpiCor®, a super-concentrated culture made from natural baker's yeast, was created.*
Here's How EpiCor® Works to Bolster Your Immune System
EpiCor® works in several ways to support your immune system—and the best part is, it starts to work almost immediately. In one notable study, adults taking 500 mg of EpiCor® showed a rapid increase in immune activity—in just two hours. The number and activity of NK cells increased dramatically.1*
NK cells are called "natural killers" because they don't need help from other cells to differentiate "good" cells from "bad" cells, and can respond quickly to eliminate pathogens. This makes them your greatest ally when it comes to fighting off infection.
Another human clinical trial showed that taking 500 mg of EpiCor® for 60 days increased levels of IgA—a key antibody found in your mouth, eyes, nose, gut lining and other mucus membranes throughout your body that helps trap pathogens before they can cause harm.2*
EpiCor® has also been shown to act like a prebiotic ("food" for friendly bacteria) by increasing levels of beneficial Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli, as well as short chain fatty acid called butyrate that's important for gut health.2* And if all of that weren't enough, the phytonutrients found in EpiCor® give it a higher ORAC value (a measure of antioxidant potency) than antioxidant-rich foods such as blueberries, red wine and pomegranate juice!1*
The Amazingly Effective Immune Solution That Will Keep You Healthy
If you put all of the immune-boosting strategies mentioned above into action, you'll likely experience profound benefits. But it can be hard to stay on track, especially when it comes to things like avoiding sugar, getting enough sleep and exercising regularly.*
That's why our R&D team pulled together top immune boosters into one convenient, affordable and, most importantly, effective supplement that you can take year-round to keep your immune system strong.*
Once we discovered EpiCor®, we knew we were on to something, but we wanted to take it a step further, so we added a blend of four medicinal mushrooms and effective doses of vitamins D3 and C to make an incredibly powerful formula called Immunity Defense™.*
Here's an overview of what makes Immunity Defense™ your absolute best choice for optimal immune system strength:*
- Fast-Acting EpiCor® Natural Yeast Extract (500 mg): Seven published human clinical trials, five of which were gold-standard randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled studies, show that EpiCor® supports a strong, healthy immune system.3* And it's been shown to start working in as little as two hours!1* When taken daily, EpiCor® has been shown to be a safe and effective way to keep your immune system healthy throughout the entire year.*
- Proprietary Mushroom Immune Support Complex (100 mg): Immunity Defense™ contains a blend of some of the most powerful medicinal mushrooms in the world: shiitake, cordyceps, reishi and maitake. The amazing health benefits of mushrooms are primarily attributed to two classes of nutrients: polysaccharides and triterpenes, which help to modulate the immune system while reducing the harmful effects of stress on the body.*
- Vitamin D3 (25 mcg—equivalent to 1000 IU): Vitamin D plays a critical role in proper immune function, and there are only two ways to get vitamin D in the amounts you need: sun exposure and dietary supplements. You can’t get enough from food and you would need to spend more time in the sun than most people ever do, so for most people supplemental vitamin D is a must. Immunity Defense™ is made with the superior 100% natural D3 form of vitamin D.*
- Vitamin C (500 mg): Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that has been studied extensively for its ability to support immune health and function. Vitamins C and D work together to support the body’s immune system. Immunity Defense™ contains vitamin C in the form of pure ascorbic acid from a non-GMO source. (The vitamin C found in most supplements is synthesized from genetically modified corn.)*
Fast-Acting Convenience and Quality That Can't Be Beat
Just two easy-to-swallow veggie capsules give you all you need for a rapid immune boost—or take it year-round to stay healthy day in and day out.*
Immunity Defense™ is made in the USA for quality you can trust using premium-quality herbs and industry-best quality controls. Rest assured, you get the finest ingredients available.
- J Med Food. 2011. 14(9): 1002-1010.
- The Open Nutrition Journal 2008. 2, 68-75
- "Summary of Clinical Trials." Embria Health Sciences, www.embriahealth.com/products/epicor/research/human-clinical-trials/summary-of-human-clinical-trials. Accessed 12.11.19.
*Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products discussed or advertised are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Serving size: 2
Servings per bottle: 30
Each bottle contains: 60 veggie capsules
Directions: As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules as needed before a meal or as directed by your physician. May be taken daily.
|Each serving contains:||Amount||% Daily Value|
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid^^)
|Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)||25 mcg||125|
|Dried Yeast Extract^ (from Baker’s Yeast)||500 mg||*|
|Proprietary Mushroom Immune Support Complex
Shiitake, cordyceps, reishi, maitake
*Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, vegetable magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide.
Quality Pledge: Made in an FDA inspected and registered facility to meet the current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) guidelines.
Warnings: For adults only. If you are on medications, pregnant or nursing a baby, consult a health care practitioner prior to taking. This product is not recommended for children.
^EpiCor® is a registered trademark of Embria Health Sciences, LLC